FG Reacts On Ebola Claims In Nigeria

Ebola

Ebola

The Nigerian Government o Wednesday debunked rumour making the rounds across social media platforms, suggesting that a case of Ebola disease is been recorded in the country.

The federal government while debunking the report urged members of the public to disregard the rumour and discourage the circulation of any unverified information.

The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Health, Abdullaziz Mashi Abdullahi, made this known in a statement where he said that unverified news could cause harm to innocent people and unnecessary panic among the citizens.

He also assured that heightened surveillance had been on-going at the various points of entry by officials of the Port Health Services division of the Ministry to prevent importation into Nigeria, especially since the reports of the outbreak of EVD in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

He said every sick passenger has been properly screened and; ’I can say categorically that none of the patients screened has tested positive for Ebola or any deadly disease.’’

“However, necessary protocols are being followed in line with International Health Regulations,” ’he added.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Triotinaija Writer

Leave a Reply

css.php