Here is a compilation of the artist that has fallen behind in the industry.
1. Ice prince: Panshak Zamani, better known by his stage name Ice Prince, is a Nigerian hip hop recording artist and actor. He rose to fame after releasing “Oleku”, one of Nigeria’s most remixed songs of all time. He won the 2009 Hennessy Artistry Club Tour. Ice prince was once rated as the best rapper in Africa and he was nominated as next rated alongside with wizkid, olamide and Tiwa Savage and these guys have done amazing job in the Nigeria industry expect for Ice prince who now sounds like an upcoming artist these days. We hope he gets back on track as soon as possible.
2. Sean tizzle: Morihanfen Oluwaseun Oluwabamidele, popularly known as Sean Tizzle, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He was formally signed to Sound Sultan’s record label Naija Ninjas. He currently has a record deal with Difference Entertainment. He won the next rated award in 2013 where he was nominated alongside Burna Boy, sheyi shey, phyno and Dammy Krane. I think only phyno has been consistent ever since that year. Sean tizzle has gone dark in the industry after winning the next rated award in 2013 and I sincerely don’t think he’s gonna be back anytime soon.
3. M.I: Jude Abaga better known by his stage name M.I Abaga, is a Nigerian hip hop recording artist and record producer. He has been the CEO of Chocolate City since June 2015. He won Best Hip Hop and Best New Act at the 2009 M.I had really dropped in term of music in Nigeria. The well-respected rapper was once rated as the fastest and best in African as many will argue that he’s still in the game, but I don,t so and I think the chocolate city boss is not what we used to think he was anymore.
4. Chidinma: Chidinma Ekile, popularly known by her stage name Chidinma, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa. She produced some series of hits after winning the third season of Project fame and just went dark in the industry, even some children of nowadays don’t seem to know chidinma like they know olamide, falz and co.
5. May D: Akinmayokun Awodumila (born 28 December), popularly known as May D , is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and dancer. He was formally signed to the former R&B duo P-Square record label “Square records”. He rose to stardom in the same year he got signed to the label 2011. On the 21 August 2012 it was officially announced that the Pop singer “May D” is no longer in the label. He made a couple of hits track after leaving square record and after that may D has been a snail in the industry
DISCLAIMER: The names above with points related to the article are purely nothing but my personal opinion. I purely have nothing against anybody. Any correction you find worthy should be dropped in the comment section of this particular post. Thank you.
Written by; Stephen