- Manchester City want Aymeric Laporte and are considering meeting the Athletic Bilbao star’s £60m release clause.
- Chelsea have agreed a £50m double transfer deal for Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri of Roma.
- Borussia Dortmund are demanding Olivier Giroud in part exchange for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – or they will put the deal off until the summer.
- Alex McLeish fancies a return to the Scotland job after Michael O’Neill snubbed the SFA.
- Newcastle are working on a deal to bring Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro to St James’ Park.
- Arsenal and Tottenham were last night locked in a £35m battle for PSG winger Lucas Moura.
- Chelsea have offered Edin Dzeko a £7m-a-year contract to return to the Premier League.
- Moussa Dembele is eyeing a move away from Celtic this month.
- The president of Uefa has revealed talks will begin on plans to curb financial excesses in football, which could lead to a form of salary cap being introduced across the European game and strict limits placed on agents’ fees.
- West Ham will be without Andy Carroll for three months after the striker underwent surgery on a foot injury.
- Roma director of football Monchi has hinted that a raid for Liverpool ace Daniel Sturridge might still be on the cards if Edin Dzeko is sold.
- Newcastle are set to secure the loan signing of Chelsea winger Kenedy in the next 24 hours.
- Eric Dier has welcomed Tottenham’s determination to resist even world-record bids for their prize asset Harry Kane.
- England U21 international Jack Harrison is ready to swap New York City FC for Stoke City this month, but has insisted that no deal is done yet to take him back to his hometown club.
Nigerian Senate has urged the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to suspend the Automatic Teller …