The List is created Based on Writers Opinion, This does Not in any way reflect The Triotinaija Team Editorial Opinion. See List Below;
1) WIZKID-: Annoyingly wiz happens to be my number 1. Since abandoning the Nigerian shores to seek international recognition, he has been involved with top music act the likes of Rkelly, Akon, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Tinie tempah, Wale, Tyga and also featured on Drake VIEWS album. Drake’s ‘One Dance’ became the Wizkid-featured song that trended globally and held the lead position on the music charts for several months long. This feat became quite the game changer for the STARBOY.
He featured not one but three international music weights Chris Brown, Trey Songz and french Montana on his latest release ‘Shabba’. I don’t even need to say much cos it’s obvious at this juncture why he’s number one. “Highstar AR u happy”
2) OLAMIDE -: Olamide, remains a frontline soldier on the Nigerian music affairs. He is known for dropping HIT “back 2 back ” and also arguably the most featured artist in this diaspora. He started his 2016 on a high with the ‘Oyadab’ song featuring DJ enimoney, we find ourselves grooving to tunes like ‘I Love Lagos’ and ‘Abule Sowo’. Olamide’s songs always come with potential magic in keeping our turn up morale high. There’s the buzz worthy ‘Who You Epp’ – a studio freestyle that turned into viral competition and then konkobility recently dropped ‘owo blow’ and ‘sere’. I call him MR CONSISTENT.
3) KISS DANIEL -: Kiss Daniel stormed the industry in 2014 with his break out single, Woju. Since then,we have enjoyed hit BACK 2 BACK. Coming out of an unknown record label ‘GWW’ kiss has attained success in building his artiste profile to becoming one of the industry’s respected acts in the A-list category.
He’s managed to do this in a little less than two years, and with pretty much no ‘loud’ collaborations whatsoever. Daniels debut album titled ‘New Era’ drooped in the month of may. ‘Mama’ (my song of the year)– the album lead single, still topping the music charts nationwide for several weeks consistently.
4) FALZ –: Like play, Falz just rose like that to becoming a global music sensation even with extensions now in the abroad. The comical rapper has enjoyed his career like a rollercoaster affair, seeing his sophomore album ‘Stories That Touch’ as one of the most anticipated in the 2015 year. Falz hasn’t slowed down on his road to glory as he put out the short film for the Simi-featured track, ‘Soldier’, which ‘JUGRUL and others’ have touted to be the hottest contender for Video of the Year in 2016.
Just recently, he got a nomination on the platform of the BET Awards in the category for Best New International Act (Viewers’ Choice), which he won. Presently, his collaborative feature with Olamide and Davido on ‘Bahd Baddo Baddest’ is a chart topper on media transmitting frequencies nationwide.
5) PHYNO -: Eze Nnunu as he is fondly known by many, his the champion of the east, he has stayed true to his craft which is the indigenous rap style, he has also cut deep into the Western market all thanks to olamide baddo. He is 1 of the most featured artist in Nigeria. One of his most recent releases ‘Fada Fada’ is arguably the nation’s number one song. While his latest release ‘E Sure For Me’ is fast gaining form.
6) ADEKUNLE GOLD -: Adekunle signed on to YBNL popularly known has YBNL TOASTER came to limelight in year 2014/15 with ‘Sade’ a cover to one direction ‘story of my life’ ever since then he as dropped hit songs like ‘orente’, ‘pick up’ and ‘ready’ he recently dropped his debut album ‘GOLD’ which featured only SIMI(my crush) arguably the best album in year 2016.
7) LIL KESH -: Lil Kesh may have been passed up on for the Next Rated award at the most recent Headies, Keshi’s rose the stakes a notch higher being the first of his category colleagues to put out a debut album. Lil Kesh also set a new record in the process by being the first youngest artiste to own a record label(YAGI) In the Nigerian music terrain.
8) REEKADO BANKS -: Nigeria’s next rated, Reekado Banks has been putting in serious work to prove that he was deserving of the award that stirred up plenty controversy. , Reeky Banks set us off to an early party with a trendy single, ‘Oluwa Ni’ massive hit. He’s become a steady feature face with the likes of Oritsefemi, Kida Kudz, Sammy Davids, Jaywon. Most recent single ‘Standard’ also doing good….we all anticipating the release of his debut album.
9) PATORANKING -: Patoranking who just recently dropped his debut album yes debut album he kept us waiting forever for the album GOE ‘GOD OVER EVERYTHING‘ the album features heavyweight artist like Sarkodie, Olamide, Wizkid, Kwam1, elephant man PHYNO and so on. Album topping every music charts.
10) DAVIDO -: Davido, is fast making his play for a comeback. The yearning to put out a follow-up to his debut album has seen him go under for some time now, although he’s managed to keep afloat with trending features and controvesy. Started the year with baby mamà drama later on Mr Dele Momodu who he refer to as is boy, then record label drama…. David is signed to one of the world’s biggest label platforms, Sony Music Global.
This feat was ultimately confirmed toward the end of the first quarter of 2016. Speculations on international features with Young Thug, Trey Songz and Tinashe anticipating.
If by any chance you do not agree with the selection picks, please let me know your thoughts and sentiments..
Written by OLAKUNLE TEMITO on August 22, 2016.
NOTE: Do you think someone is missing or something is wrong with the collation? Feel free to comment!!Download Our ANDROID APPLICATION now! DOWNLOAD NOW